Tuesday, May 31, 2005

doors in calcata


doors in calcata
Originally uploaded by heathero.
calcata is an amazing little town built into a rock high up in italy... i visited there one sunday and i felt like i had traveled back in time and the day was much too short... i dream of returning to hike through the woods and throw pots and eat good food... a place far removed from the world..

my heart has changed since i took this photo and these doors that were closed have the possibility of opening... should i open them? would l like what i find inside? would i be disappointed? if i do open these doors, and of course you see that they are not really these doors, i must do so with absolutely no expectation, only with the idea of the moment, living purely in the moment, and not look for anything beyond the moment. throw away all ideas of security and future and promise and just take what is inside for what is is. that could actually be a beautiful thing, living in the moment with no expectation. i mean, what promise do we really have of a tomorrow?? so the question is, am i setting myself up for hurt or do i open these doors without exopecation, knowing that the end result could be heartache...

unrelated quote...
"be the change you wish to see in the world" - Ghandi

10 Comments:

Blogger Allie said...

I believe that that people should live in the moment with no expectation... but that's only my point of view! But it can be hurtful too in many cases... oh deaar, why does it have to be so complicated sometimes, eh?

Thanks for stopping by my blog btw... on my way to blogroll you! *winks!

11:07 AM  
Blogger Indigo said...

I agree with Allie, people should live in the moment without expectation. I'm working harder to take that advise.

11:07 PM  
Anonymous katie said...

Tough one... I guess I pretty much agree with all of the above. Best thing is to live the present and seize the moment. There's no need to look back to what you've been, or done... no need to look to much into the future, 'cuz sometimes it can be quite painful.
You can open that door... just do it at your own pace. You don't have to see everything inside, you can just take a little glimpse for a quick idea... but in any case, just do as your heart tells you... *big hugs*

5:58 AM  
Anonymous Kismet said...

Live! Take a chance! Make your own road!
I say go for it.

~K!

1:36 PM  
Blogger Michele said...

I think you already know that answer, in fact I am quite certain of it.

My goodness your posts read much like poetry.

4:10 PM  
Blogger gardengirl said...

thank you all...
:)

12:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice job on your blog! I am book marking your site for future reference.

I have recently created a gardening promotion site web
site/blog. It pretty much covers gardening promotion site web related stuff.

Stop by and check it out if you have time.

7:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
[url=http://ewsslckk.com/wceg/krih.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://xllzjxhv.com/zhms/ucmu.html]Cool site[/url]

6:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
My homepage | Please visit

6:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
http://ewsslckk.com/wceg/krih.html | http://pchdlaxh.com/yddw/napk.html

6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home