Sunday, May 29, 2005

on the water


on the water
Originally uploaded by heathero.

this is where i want to be today... on the water. a sailboat would be lovely, but a sunny beach would do... feet all sandy and wet salty hair...
its memorial day weekend and it makes me so very happy that i do not have to work tomorrow... if only i had a beach. or even a boat dock on a little pond... i could roll my pants up and dangle my feet in the water and it would be calm and quiet and lovely...

instead i think i'll work on my roof garden. need to repot the apple trees (they actually have tiny apples!). and i noticed a tiny tomato yesterday on one of my tomato plants. hopefully the squirrels won't steal it...

this photo was actually taken during my time in italy (see below) sailing... made me feel so very removed from the world. and i was... in the middle of the sea all exposed and open and free.


it is fun to think of memorial day weekends from when i was a child. it always meant the beginning of summer and eating watermelon and popsicles. going swimming all day and running around town with wet hair and flipflops. the summer feeling was always amazing to me, the freedom of no school and days spent entirely outside... i think that tomorrow i will eat a popsicle and try to cultivate that feeling again...

happy weekend...

i want to try to have a quote a day... but no promises

"and that’s why i have to go back to so many places in the future, there to find myself and constantly examine myself with no witness but the moon and then whistle with joy, ambling over rocks and clods of earth, with no task but to live, with no family but the road."—pablo neruda

15 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

I'm here via Michele's meet and greet. Your rooftop garden sounds wonderful. We have a few tomatoes growing here as well. I've never tried apples, because of the cross-pollination thing...it sounded too difficult.
Hope you have a wonderful holiday!

7:57 PM  
Blogger Kristen said...

ahhhh... the beach...that would be nice...Im lifeguarding for the summer so i have to work all this weekend...ehh...Atleast im outside...O im here via micheles

8:36 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Michele sent me! A rooftop garden sounds like so much fun. Have you seen "On a Clear Day You Can See Forever?" There is a rooftop garden in that movie. Nice blog:-)

9:16 PM  
Blogger Brandie said...

Michele sent me!

I wish I had a green thumb-- I would love to be able to cultivate a garden... unfortunately, mine is blacker than black and plants like to commit suicide around me. :(

Anyway, I hope you have a happy holiday tomorrow! :)

9:20 PM  
Blogger Michele said...

Stopping by to say hello...

You have a glorious blog with beautifully written posts. Thank you so much for your note and for the comments. Now I must blogroll you.

9:50 PM  
Blogger K Jones said...

Loved the blog, but more than anything your photos are wonderful. Yeah, I wish I was doing the beach thing as well. That Michele is a busy girl sending all of us.

11:17 PM  
Blogger zazzafooky said...

I used to live in a loft where we had a roof garden, so beautiful. Good luck with yours! :0)

11:20 PM  
Blogger TheBisch said...

Ahhh, the water.... one of my favorite places to be...

I'm here from Michele's! Hi!

11:36 PM  
Blogger abrowncow said...

michele sent me to say Hello!

to me Memorial Day is all about the ocean... it signals the beginning of summer and where else would you want to be but the seashore?

11:46 PM  
Blogger Martine said...

Hi Heather! Thank you for stopping by at my site. I saw your comment and love to help you. There are a few more requests so it could take a bit longer, but just drop me a line ( my email is on my page) and we take it from there!

6:34 AM  
Blogger El Primo said...

I know how you feel, on saturday I drove two hours to the coast in the middle of the night just to hear the water. By the way props on the Neruda quote I do not hear much about him here in the states and its shame because he is so good.

12:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello !
We grow roses on our roof garden in Pantin (Paris, France, Europe)
see our web page http://hpa.free.fr/Terrasse.htm (case sensitive URL).
Send me a email from that page, and photos of your's, perhaps.

6:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
[url=http://rvjrlamv.com/afld/msie.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://nkioykaa.com/pqog/epre.html]Cool site[/url]

3:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
My homepage | Please visit

3:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
http://rvjrlamv.com/afld/msie.html | http://eqagfgqp.com/crrz/ihww.html

3:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home