Sunday, July 03, 2005

summer is here!!


hot summer day
Originally uploaded by heathero.

after a l o n g new york winter and a v e r y l o n g school year, summer is finally here and i am loving every minute of it... even this minute where i am feeling a bit stuffed up and drousy. i am embracing it all! the first offical weekend of my summer off. i realized that this is the first time in who knows how long that i have decided to just stay put for a bit... no big travel plans, no heavy work or school schedules, just plans to take it easy for a while. i want to read and relax and garden and create... make time to photograph, write, go to the beach, try to surf, garden, sew, adventure in and around this great city where i live, and take naps whenever i want to. no rushing around, no hurrying through things... it sounds almost too good to be true! and hopefully i will be able to do it and not begin to fill up my time with "business"...

i do think that can be a challenge sometimes, to just be and not try to overdo and over stretch oneself. i know thats hard for me, as i often overcommitt and stay entirely too "busy".... and i see it all over this city and our society as a whole... people rushing form here to there, not taking the time to ask themsleves why? why do we rush so, race around, staying so busy?? i think its rather healthy to take a pause sometimes and just be still... and this is what i plan on doing...

"Doing nothing is easier said than done." Raymond Devos

10 Comments:

Anonymous kimbofo said...

Wow. Lucky you. Your plans for the summer sound fab.

I went to NYC for the first time in May. I loved it. I want to go back! I only had a few days to see the sights but would love to return for a week or two to get a better flavour, a better feel for the city.

Here via Micheles, but I'll be back on my own.

1:09 PM  
Blogger TheBisch said...

Mmm, summer. I wish my employer gave me time off occasionally.

1:19 PM  
Anonymous Sol said...

Sounds like you have some wonderful plans for a summer. I believe this will be my first summer basically child free. No grandchildren here, and my youngest is 19 and hardly ever here. If she is... I'm the last one she wants to talk to. It will be.. unusual. I take that back.. this might be the second summer though last summer certainly didn't feel child free.

8:30 PM  
Anonymous Zee said...

That is definitely true - I often think it's easier to do nothing when we're traveling but then you get exhausted from the actual travel part. 6 of one....?

Anyway, I'm here via Michele - I hope your summer is everything you hope it will be!

9:18 PM  
Blogger kenju said...

Don't give in to the urge to be too busy. I often feel guilty if I am doing nothing, but I need to get over that quickly! We all need quiet time, for renewal and growth.

8:36 PM  
Blogger julie70 said...

make time to photograph, write, go to the beach, try to surf, garden, sew, adventure in and around this great city where i live, and take naps whenever i want to.

what a wonderfull plan !
and who knows what happens...
anyway, we have to resource sometimes too

4:10 AM  
Blogger Angel of Music said...

Yes, it is a more unselfish thing to take time for yourself and recharge your batteries. Once you're recharged, you have more to give. Enjoy your summer! Thanks for stopping by the other day... :0)

10:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
[url=http://yvzqoqwo.com/pqyx/ycpj.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://ewxcepad.com/ophg/hjfd.html]Cool site[/url]

9:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
My homepage | Please visit

9:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
http://yvzqoqwo.com/pqyx/ycpj.html | http://bsvqpmiy.com/jakb/xwip.html

9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home