Friday, July 08, 2005

tomato


tomato
Originally uploaded by heathero.
summer is here in full effect and i am loving every day of being
here and having this time to relax, think, explore, and just take
care of myself...

i ate my first ripe tomato, summer's gift to the patient gardener,
and every bite was delicious... every bite screamed summer and i
realized that nothing tastes quite so delicious as a tomato you you
see begin as a flower, develop into something the size of a tiny
green pea, and then, under my daily inspection, form into something
so vastly different from the winter balls of red styrofoam that we
purchase in the store... something closer to a strawberry than to
the grocery store winter fruit that we call a tomato...

went canoeing on day during the weekend, and took a trip to the
beach in queens on tuesday... i am delighted to know there is such
a nice beach so close to my home... i plan to return often this
summer...


the end of the school year was rough but if these days are my reward
then it was all worth it... i've only been out 9 days and already i
feel miles away from the negativity...thankfully... :)

i hope that you are well and happy, feeling the sun on your skin and
eating good food...

If we could see the miracle of a single flower clearly, our whole life would change. -Buddha

15 Comments:

Blogger The Torch Singer said...

Hi Heather,

Michele sent me!

I also live in NYC....On Central park South. I am up in Maine at the moment...will be here for most of the summer.
I love gardening...LOVE IT!

Nadia :)

6:13 PM  
Blogger petrow said...

Hey , yeah it is, I love that book, I learned so much about life and what really matters from it, have you read it , and yes my blogg...is.....um......funny, this is my outlet for my inner child, I hope you had fun with him.

6:38 PM  
Blogger petrow said...

Finally some one who agrees with me , at least to some point. I hate wasting my time on women who aren't wanting more then a night , or at the most a week of my time. And yeah, I'm 22, a crazy 22, a funny 22, but the imaturity sometimes gets the better of me, i don't mid, keeps me sane when I can let loose.

6:43 PM  
Blogger petrow said...

Bless the little man with the volcanoes and his own little planet. It was pure emotion at the end for me, a wake up call in my life that was most needed.

6:44 PM  
Blogger Pieces of Me said...

Hey here via michele! I want to garden so badly! we just moved from an apartment to 20 acres...but I havent had much luck with plants is veggies harder?? LOL TTYL

6:47 PM  
Anonymous Maria said...

I am not a gardener, but I love fried green tomatoes and that picture is good enough to eat. Here by way of Michele

6:49 PM  
Blogger puremood said...

Hi- I *love* tomatoes! We haven't had any ripe ones yet on out vines but my neighbor has had many ripe ones and we've been eatin' theirs LOL YUMM!!!

Hello, from Michele's

7:30 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

What's not to like about tomatoes? Especially when they're from your own back yard.

Here from Michele's.

7:51 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

I adore home grown tomatoes:-) My mouth is watering!

8:35 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Hello I love tomatoes!

I am here via Michele

8:59 PM  
Blogger kenju said...

Great positive post! I am awaiting my first tomatoes; they went into the pots too late, so it may be August before I see any. But I am sure they will be very worth it when they do get here!

12:05 AM  
Anonymous henry Aubert said...

Hello ! I live in Paris, and my friend Chantal and I grow roses on our roof garden. We have breakfast, lunch and dinner among them, even in winter, when the temperature is over 15 °C.
Henry Aubert

More details :
http://hpa.free.fr/Terrasse.htm.

11:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
[url=http://hscsevsr.com/vabr/lgsd.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://wwuwsztn.com/twrh/ncrz.html]Cool site[/url]

11:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
My homepage | Please visit

11:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
http://hscsevsr.com/vabr/lgsd.html | http://hrjcqkyk.com/jsum/kege.html

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home